Clyde Snow’s tax practice is diverse and extensive. Its tax attorneys include former government tax compliance and enforcement lawyers. They offer advice, services, conservative and creative tax planning, and experienced advocacy in tax controversies and audits. The firm’s tax planning services include:
- Business and Asset Sales and Tax Planning – assisting clients with all phases of business and asset purchases and sales including allocation of the purchase price, amortization of intangibles, tax indemnification provisions, capital gain maximization, and installment sales issues.
- Business Organizations and Tax Planning – assisting clients in choosing the right business entity to form and assisting existing businesses with tax planning strategies.
- Complex Real Estate Transaction Tax Planning – assisting clients with complex tax planning issues associated with like-kind real estate exchanges (1031 exchanges) and condemnation reinvestment to maintain capital gains treatment.
- Conservation Easements – assisting clients with deriving the highest tax benefit available through establishing conservation easements.
- Executive Compensation and Tax Planning – assisting companies in forming deferred compensation plans, non-compete agreements, and qualified and nonqualified stock option plans.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Planning – assisting clients in all phases of M&A (or other complex corporate transactions) including advising clients on potential tax benefits or consequences of a particular transaction.
- Preserving and Maximizing Net Operating Losses – assisting client in preserving as much capital as possible.
- Tax Controversies – representing clients in the following:
- Audit and collection issues before the IRS and Utah State Tax Commission
- Letter rulings and declaratory ruling requests
- Refund claims
- Tax litigation in federal and state tax courts and appellate courts
Clyde Snow attorneys provide expert testimony and consultation on tax issues involved in business litigation.